The easy answer would be for me to day that you need to seek dog grooming at least once a week and preferably at Pet Care Plus. Alas, this is not the case. The more correct answer is …. It Depends?
What kind of coat does my dog have, how often is your dog getting out and rolling around and digging in the dirt or attending regular daycare (naturally at Pet Care Plus), is my dog more of an indoor or outdoor pooch, the time of year and does my dog have any allergies?
The last few are easily figured out as those dogs that get out and about more, have allergies and are diggers and rollers should all seek dog grooming more frequently as should all dogs in the summer months. But more frequently is subjective so this is where the breed comes in when figuring out the dog grooming schedule.
A good rule of thumb as to when to book that next dog grooming appointment at Pet Care Plus is as follows:
- Breeds with coarse, or wiry coat, like Schnauzers and Terriers need to seek dog grooming every 4-6 weeks.
- Double-coated breeds, like the Cocker Spaniel and the Pekingese, need to seek dog grooming every 4-8 weeks.
- Small smooth coat breeds, like the Chihuahua, will need to seek dog grooming only once in ~8 weeks.
- Larger smooth coat breeds, like the Pointer, will need to seek dog grooming only once in ~6 weeks.
- The last breed of dogs — the non-shedding dogs, like poodles, need to seek dog grooming every 6-8 weeks.
Again, these time can vary depending on the other variables mentioned above and, of course, don’t skip the dog grooming before the holidays. Nobody wants a stinky dog when the family and friends come over! No matter how ofter you get your dog groomed it is sure to keep their coat more tangle, dander and shed free. In addition, regular grooming by a professional groomer can help spot health issues earlier in some cases.
Remember, a clean dog is a happy dog! Book your dog grooming appointment today!